The Rejuvapen Automatic Therapy System utilizes 9 precisely spaced micro needles in a small cartridge to create invisible, vertical, micro perforations into the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis. Your skin becomes firmer and regains its elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves.
Blue's Rejuvapen treatment gives a light tingling, or "prickly" sensation, and may provide a temporary reddening for up to 24-48 hours post treatment. It may also create a sensation similar to a mild sunburn. Even pinpoint bleeding that can occur with a deeper treatment, usually only leaves redness and mild inflammation for 2-4 days max!
Working hand in hand with a provider that knows YOUR skin's needs and wants, you can feel rest assured that a treatment of this magnitude is done with care and expertise.
Optimal result is achieved with a series of treatments. An individualized at home regimen is ALWAYS prescribed by our specialists and recommended for your personal need(s). We'll follow-up with you a few days after, as well, to be sure you're on the track to success.
Call us today for your personalized, one on one consult with our specialists!
Before and After
Price and Information
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Medical Micro-Needling?
We use an electric skin needling device made especially for this purpose. The device is a pen shaped studded with 9 very fine needles. Micro-needling breaks down old scar tissue and stimulates cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
Are there any reasons you would not be a candidate for Micro-Needling?
You would not be a candidate for Micro-Needling if you have any Cardiac/Vascular Condition, if you are pregnant, if you have a history of keloids, have skin cancer/lesions or any active bacterial or fungal infection.
What are the side effects of the Medical Micro-Needling procedure?
There are virtually no negative side effects, and none have ever been reported in over 150,000 procedures performed worldwide.
What effects does the Medical Micro-Needling have on the skin?
- stimulates tissue regeneration
- disfiguring scars, especially acne scars can be improved as new collagen fibers elevate the
- depressed scar tissue with the periphery skin
- pore size reduction
- improves the appearance of stretch marks
- improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
What are the benefits of Medical Micro-Needling?
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Medical grade needles makes it non-allergenic to human tissue
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- It can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, body including fragile skin like around eyes, mouth and neck
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Some patients require only a single treatment to achieve optimal results. However, most patients
will benefit most from a series of 4 treatments, spaced 3-4 wks apart.
For patients with deep acne scarring, wrinkles, or stretch marks we recommended 6-8 treatments at 3-4 wk intervals.
What is the down time after Medical Micro-Needling treatment?
The inflammatory reaction of the skin is extremely short and fades significantly within hours from redness to pinkish that may last for 12 to 48 hours. Hyaluronic Acid based products are recommended to assist with redness and possible dryness.
What will I look like after the treatment?
Most people will experience redness and mild swelling in a similar way as mild sunburn for 24-48 hours and there may be minimal pin-point bleeding and/or bruising. Within a week or two, you will notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant looking but the full effects won't be seen until a few months later.
What does the procedure involve?
Numbing cream may be applied 30-45mins. prior to micro-needling to lessen discomfort. For better results we use a collagen-stimulating product like Hyaluronic Acid. A small handheld pen like device with a sterile, disposable tip with 9 tiny needles is then used to pierce the skin. Our needling pen's multi-speed and adjustable needle depth allow needles to pierce the skin's layer and increase the absorption of products. After the treatment, soothing Hyaluronic acid or Copper Healing Gel is used to hydrate, heal and protect the skin.
What conditions can be treated or improved with Medical Micro-Needling?
- Mild to moderate acne scarring; any new or old scars
- Skin texture and pore size
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
How does Medical Micro-Needling work?
The device slides along the skin, penetrating the upper layers of the skin to a depth of .5mm -2.5mm to create numerous small needle wounds. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Can you have Micro-Needling performed the same day as any of our other Medical Services?
You most definitely can have micro-needling combined with other services. However, we recommend you wait 1 week before/after any Dermal Fillers as well as 2 weeks before/after Laser Genesis. Please consult with your Beauty Concierge when booking and be sure to mention wanting multiple services.
Pre and Post Care
- Do not use tanning beds or have extended sunlight exposure for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use retinols or Vitamin A for 3 days 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid use of NSAIDS, such as ibuprofen 1 week prior to treatment.
- Wash face thoroughly a few hours after treatment. Gently was the area with tepid water and gentle cleanser to remove all serum. This will improve the appearance of the skin and allow for better absorption of post-procedure serums.
- Mineral make-up can be applied the following day.
- Day 1-3 – Skin may be dry and feel tight. Flaking may occur. This is normal. Frequent use of recommended serums will help alleviate any discomfort.
- Day 2-3 – Return to regular skin care routine. Retinol is optimal during this time and suggested.
- Avoid alcohol based toners for 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 14 days post treatment.
DAY 1: Erythema and red appearance. Severity may vary.
DAY 2: A red/pink hue may persist and look like a moderate sunburn. Swelling may be noticeable.
Day 3: Skin can appear pink or return to normal color. Swelling subsides.