Get rid of age spots, brown pigments, discoloration, and redness due to broken capillaries, and incorporates breakthrough innovations in medical beauty to improve appearance of skin.
IPL FotoFacial is a high-tech, high-impact photo-rejuvenation system designed to remedy a range of blemishes and skin imperfections. The procedure attacks and gets rid of age spots, brown pigments, discoloration, and redness due to broken capillaries, and incorporates breakthrough innovations in medical beauty to improve appearance of skin.
Blue's IPL FotoFacial treatment delivers noticeably smoother, more youthful-looking skin over a series of treatment sessions. The procedure works by beaming light onto the surface of skin in short pulses to promote collagen production and rejuvenate skin from within. With multiple sessions spread over a treatment regimen, the laser pulses help to fade away spots, fine lines, redness, pores, broken capillaries, rosacea signs and even under-eye circles. Safe and non-invasive, our IPL FotoFacial procedure is a top-of-the-line skincare solution that corrects photo-aged skin and evens out tone and texture. And with an in-house medical director and trained specialists, you know you're in good hands.
Before and After
Price and Information
Face, Neck, and Chest
Face and Neck
Neck and Chest
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IPL FotoFacial?
IPL FotoFacial is an innovative way to quickly, safely and comfortably improve your skin's texture, tone and color. Through a non-invasive method of photo-rejuvenation, IPL FotoFacial treats photo-aged skin, removes age spots (sun-induced freckles), most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken capillaries. IPL FotoFacial helps restore a more youthful appearance, leaving skin clearer and healthy looking without any downtime.
How does IPL FotoFacial work?
IPL FotoFacial utilizes a non-laser medical device that delivers a series of gentle pulses of visible light onto the surface of your skin. In a series of treatments, pulses of visible light target the surface of your skin to effectively eliminate redness, broken capillaries, brown spots, sun damage, large pores, fine lines, and rosacea and melasma conditions. Upon assessing the degree of skin damage, specific settings are selected by a certified technician to customize IPL FotoFacial treatment for best results. Some patients opt for chemical peels or microdermabrasion treatments in conjunction with IPL FotoFacial treatments to enhance results.
What areas can IPL FotoFacial treat?
Virtually any part of your body with uneven skin tone, diffuse redness, or sun and age spots can be safely treated. The face, chest, shoulders and arms are the most popular areas for IPL FotoFacial treatment because they have typically had the most sun exposure. Discrete brown spots, excessively ruddy complexions and skin densely covered with freckles respond well to IPL FotoFacial treatment as well.
What happens during IPL FotoFacial treatment?
Upon determining an IPL FotoFacial treatment plan appropriate for the skin conditions being treated, your practitioner will provide you with protective eyewear and apply a cold gel to the areas to be treated. During treatment, the practitioner gently applies the smooth, glass surface of the IPL hand piece to the skin, which feels cool and comfortable. When the pulse of light is delivered to the skin surface you may feel a mild, brief pinching sensation
How many IPL FotoFacial treatments will I need?
On average, 4 to 6 IPL FotoFacial treatments are recommended, scheduled at three-week intervals. Each IPL FotoFacial session usually lasts about 20 minutes, with patients returning to normal activity immediately afterwards.
What happens after IPL FotoFacial treatment?
Immediately following an IPL FotoFacial treatment, you may notice a slight reddening of the surrounding skin which typically subsides within a couple of hours. Signs of sun damage and age spots temporarily darken but over the course of the next one to three weeks, darkened spots will fade and flake off and your mottled complexion will clear.
When will I see results?
Many patients see significant improvement within two to three weeks of your IPL FotoFacial treatment. Your complexion will be clearer and younger looking. IPL FotoFacial provides gradual, natural improvement with excellent long-term results. You will notice a reduction in redness, flushing and dilated capillaries and your skin will look healthier as sun damage, fine lines, pore size, freckling and irregular pigmentation is minimized. Results from a full series of IPL FotoFacial treatments usually last for a year or more.
Will the spots and redness reappear over time?
Over time new spots may appear if there is sufficient sun exposure; these too can be removed. Remember to liberally apply sunscreen when outdoors to minimize sun damage and the appearance of new spots and excessive redness.
Are patients satisfied with their IPL FotoFacial results?
IPL FotoFacial treatments are recognized for a high measure of patient satisfaction. Patients are very pleased with treatment results because the process treats the full face, neck, chest or hands, rather than addressing a single isolated area or imperfection.
Pre and Post Care
- No Accutane use for 6 months prior to treatment.
- Do not tan the areas being treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Stop all Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams, and exfoliants 3-4 days prior to treatment.
- The treatment area must be free of any open sores, lesions or skin infections. For treatment of pigmented skin lesions, you should consult a specialist if there is a family or personal history of skin cancer or if you have these concerns.
- Shave any hair present in the area to be treated. Men should shave the beard area twice in succession in order to ensure as close a shave as possible.
- Gently wash the area to be treated, removing makeup,lotion, etc. Do not apply any creams, lotions or other products to the area except a topical anesthetic (if being used).
- If you have elected to use a topical anesthetic, do so only after reviewing all cautions associated with its use. Apply and use as directed prior to arrival.
- You cannot be pregnant or breast feeding to receive treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- You will have a mild sunburn sensation following treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness, flaking, mild bruising and/or slight edema (swelling) is normal and may last a few days. Blistering is uncommon and when it occurs it is generally not serious. Pigmented areas may begin to flake after a few days.
- Cold compresses (not ice) and recommended skin care products may be useful to reduce swelling or discomfort. You may takeover-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication. Hydrocortisone(steroid) cream may decrease any itching or skin irritation. Antibiotic ointment (such as Neosporin) may be used if skin is broken, to prevent infection.
- Your skin will be fragile for 2-3 days. Use gentle cleansers, but do not rub the skin vigorously and avoid hot water during this time. Skin moisturizers may be used immediately and makeup can be applied if the skin is not broken.
- It is important to avoid sun exposure and tanning creams between treatments. Use SPF 30 or greater on the treatment area at all times.
- The treatment area may be left open and uncovered. Do not scrub or exfoliate the area. Do not use any products on the treated area without first consulting our staff.
- Avoid soaking for 24 to 48 hours. No hot tubs, whirlpools or baths, but showers are okay.
- Avoid excessive sweating for 24 to 48 hours. No saunas or vigorous working out.
- Avoid irritants, such Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams,and exfoliants for one week.
- Treated area will usually darken after treatments. Crusting of the skin can form. This crusting usually resolves in 1 to 3 weeks. Please allow to naturally flake off for best results.
- In the rare case that you experience any blistering or scabbing, please call us as soon as possible. Contact us if you experience persistent or unusual redness, swelling or drainage,as antibiotics may be necessary.
- Do not apply makeup until redness has subsided.
- Avoid microdermabrasion and chemical peels one week after your treatment.
Follow up treatments should be scheduled every 3-4 weeks.
Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution for photo damage, fine lines, acne scars, rosacea, etc.
Microdermabrasion and Vitalize Peel should be done in between your IPL and Laser Genesis treatments to enhance results.