Tattoos can be a beautiful human expression but as our lives change, tattoo regret takes over. Erase unwanted tattoos and pigment with PicoSure, the most advanced laser treatment available for safe and effective tattoo removal. PicoSure targets unwanted ink more effectively than ever before, successfully removing difficult ink colors, such as blue and green, as well as previously treated tattoos. Fewer treatments, improved recovery time, and faster results are achievable with PicoSure’s groundbreaking picosecond technology.
Our full-service laser tattoo removal service is a complete package, and covers everything from a pre-consultation to follow-up support and service. We will consult you on number of treatments required for optimal results (which depends on the size and color of the tattoo,) and may spread out your treatment sessions over your desired duration.
$199 Minimum (up to 3 square inches)
$75 per square inch thereafter
$55 per square inch for anything over 10 square inches
(Price is calculated after the inital 3 square inches for $199)
***LARGE AREA DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE UPON CONSULTATION***
How does PicoSure laser tattoo removal work?
Laser energy is delivered to the tattoo, targeting the ink and breaking it down into smaller particles. The particles are eliminated through the body’s natural processes resulting in a lightening of the tattoo ink.
What does laser tattoo removal feel like?
For many patients, the feeling of laser tattoo removal has been compared to what it feels like when getting a tattoo, however it is very fast. Your practitioner will work with you on the best comfort option based on your individual situation.
How many treatments will tattoo removal require?
The number of laser treatments needed for tattoo removal is dependent on a number of variables such as ink type, size of the tattoo, location on the body, type of laser used, lifestyle habits, etc. During your consultation, a practitioner will evaluate your tattoo and recommend a realistic treatment regime to help you achieve the best results.
How often will I need treatments?
While it typically takes 4-8 weeks for the body to absorb the ink particles, every patient and tattoo responds differently. Following the recommended post treatment protocol will likely improve the results and reduce the chance of small adverse events.
How will my skin look after the laser treatment?
The ideal clinical endpoint for the tattoo treatment is an immediate slight whitening or “frosting” of the skin, however that will subside immediately after the treatment is complete. Other observable effects include mild swelling and redness. Your practitioner will direct you on how best to keep the area moist.
My tattoo was treated with a laser in the past and didn’t clear, why would I try again now?
Until the launch of PicoSure, Q-Switched lasers had been considered the gold standard for removing tattoos. Q-Switched laser treatments use thermal energy to heat up and break apart the ink particles. Now with PicoSure, ultra-short pulses hit the ink particle with a pressure so great, the ink shatters into tiny dust-like particles. Because the particles are so small, they are more readily absorbed and eliminated by the body. PicoSure has been proven success in treating even dark, stubborn blue and green inks, as well as previously-treated, stubborn tattoos that were not successfully cleared in the past.
Can I lighten the tattoo to have another one put on top?
Tattoos can be lightened in preparation for a cover-up tattoo. Your practitioner may have you wait six weeks between your last treatment and when you have the new tattoo completed.
How much does tattoo removal cost?
The cost of laser tattoo removal depends on several factors, including the size of tattoo and the number of treatments it will require. Most insurance companies will not cover laser tattoo removal since it is considered an elective cosmetic procedure. After your consultation, your practitioner will provide you a price estimate for the treatment series.
Precautions to take before your light-based treatment
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of posttreatment complications.
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Remove all makeup, creams or oils prior to treatment.
Instructions following your laser treatment:
- Cleanse the treated area at least daily with water and mild soap, and then pat the area dry.
Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- If crusting/scabbing occurs, do not shave or pick area. Apply Aquaphor ointment (tattoo) or other moisturizer (face) to the area 2-3 times a day. Keep the area moist, and let the crusting/scabbing resolve on its own.
- Discomfort may be relieved by cold gel packs and/or an over the counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen.
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that could cause injury of the treated area.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin heals.
- Contact physician if there is any indication of infection (redness, tenderness or pus).
- After cleansing and while skin is still moist, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor® ointment to the treated tattoo.
- Apply a non-stick pad over the tattoo until it is healed.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area. Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Clean area daily with mild soap and water and pat dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the area.
- Discomfort may be relieved by using cool gel packs or acetaminophen.
- If blistering occurs, keep the area moist by applying Aquaphor 3 times per day or antibiotic ointment per recommendation of the physician. Do not enter swimming pools or hot tubs until treated areas are healed.
- No swimming or using hot tubs for 48 hours posttreatment.