LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- - Can be applied to all areas of the body, even the most sensitive skin
- - Appropriate for any skin type or hair color
- - Ideal for both men and women
Hair today, gone tomorrow. Los Angeles lasses and Beverly Hills boys don’t have to fuss with shaving and waxing or unsightly ingrowns and irritation.
They’re too busy looking phenomenally hair-free thanks to Blue’s laser hair removal treatment. Permanent hair removal, or more precisely permanent hair reduction, has been made painlessly possible thanks to advances in laser technology.
No matter whether your hair growth is excessive or simply unwanted, laser hair removal frees you from the tedium of grooming, saving you time, money and stress. A razor-free world of clean, smooth, permanent suppleness awaits you.
Whether you’re looking for bikini line hair removal, underarm hair removal, or want permanent hair removal for other areas of the body, laser hair removal gets you beautifully bare…everywhere. And ladies aren’t the only ones loving the laser. Many of our Los Angeles and Beverly Hills laser hair removal clients are guys in on the secret—that the best way to get rid of unwanted back hair, underarm hair, and even down-there hair, is laser hair removal
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
The Laser Hair Removal system emits near-infrared laser light that is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicle. The laser is pulsed, or turned on, for only a fraction of a second. The duration of each pulse is just long enough to damage the follicle, while the system’s unique, patented contact-cooling hand piece, helps protect the skin by conductive cooling during the laser energy delivery.
What do Laser Hair Removal treatments feel like?
The Laser Hair Removal hand piece cools and soothes as it glides along your skin. When the pulse of light is delivered, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation. No local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required; however, some patients may prefer to use a topical anesthetic when sensitive areas are treated.
What happens after Laser Hair Removal treatment?
Following Laser Hair Removal treatment, you can return to your normal activities right away, but the treated area may appear a bit red and swollen. The use of sunscreen is recommended on any treated areas exposed to the sun. In addition, your physician may recommend that you use a specially formulated skin care product line or prescribe a skin care regimen especially formulated for your skin type. Three to seven days after treatment you may experience what seems to be regrowth of hair. Actually, most of these hairs are being shed as a result of your treatment and are not regrowing. Between treatments you should not wax or pluck your hair, but it is permissible to shave.
What are the possible side effects of Laser Hair Removal?
Although patients experience few side effects with Laser Hair Removal, the most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin, similar to a sunburn. These effects typically last for several hours or less. In rare instances, blistering may occur. Consult with your medical professional for complete information on the benefits and risks of treatment.
What areas can be treated with Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal can remove hair from all parts of the body including the face, legs, arms, underarms, and back. It can also treat sensitive areas like the chest, nipples, and bikini line.
How many Laser Hair Removal treatments will I need?
Most areas require 3-6 treatments. However, the number of Laser Hair Removal treatments required for optimal long-term benefits depends on multiple factors – hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle. Interestingly, not all hairs are actively growing at the same time and actually go through three distinct phases: growth, regression, and resting. Laser Hair Removal works by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment. Since other hairs will enter this active growth phase at different times, additional treatments may be necessary to disable all of the hair follicles in a given area.
Does Laser Hair Removal work on tanned/different skin colors?
Laser Hair Removal safely and effectively treats all skin types (Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-VI) as well as tanned skin. For darker skin types and people with tans, appropriate fluences are generally lower and appropriate pulse widths are generally longer to prevent damage to the epidermis. Using the appropriate treatment parameters, however, people with all skin types can benefit from Laser Hair Removal.
How does Laser Hair Removal compare with other hair removal methods?
Shaving, waxing, and depilatory creams are all temporary methods that must be repeated on a frequent basis and none of those methods can successfully reduce ingrowns. By eliminating the hair follicle, Laser Hair Removal offers permanent hair reduction and treatment of ingrowns for lasting results. Laser Hair Removal provides enhanced comfort during treatment, minimal risk of infection, speed and accuracy and also minimizes skin irritation that other methods may create.
How does Laser Hair Removal compare with electrolysis?
Electrolysis is a tedious, invasive, and painful process that involves inserting a needle into each individual hair follicle and delivering an electrical charge to them one at a time. Electrolysis often requires years of treatments at regular intervals. Since Laser Hair Removal is non-invasive (no needles to penetrate the skin), the risk of introducing bacteria into the skin is reduced. Laser Hair Removal is fast, allowing for larger areas to be treated and considerably increasing the efficiency of the hair removal process. By delivering light energy to hundreds of hair follicles at a time, Laser Hair Removal effectively treats an area in just seconds that would take over an hour with electrolysis.
Why choose Blue’s Laser Hair Removal over other laser hair removal systems?
Using the latest technology in Laser Hair Removal, Blue offers both the Lumenis LightSheer Diode Laser System and the Cutera CoolGlide. Both systems were designed from the ground up for hair removal, so they possess the wavelength, fluence, pulse width and active epidermal cooling system, ideally suited for Laser Hair Removal. Cleared for permanent hair reduction, Blue’s Laser Hair Removal systems can treat men and women of all skin types and tones safely and effectively, even patients with a suntan. Our Laser Hair Removal systems can rapidly address large areas without the limitations of older technologies and are adjustable enough to treat the fine hair on a woman’s upper lip just as easily and effectively as the coarse hair on a man’s back. The customized cooling feature increases patient comfort and minimizes the adverse skin reaction commonly seen with other lasers and the unique design and longer wavelength allows extremely effective, safe and permanent results.
For more information, contact Blue at 818.783.3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org/newsite
pre/post treatment instructions
- No Accutane use for 6 months prior to treatment.
- Do not tan the areas being treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not wax, pluck or have electrolysis 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Stop all Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams and exfoliants 3 to 4 days prior to treatment.
- Before every treatment shave the area being treated closely. If you are unable to shave the area yourself, please let us know when making your appointment so we can schedule your time accordingly.
- Do not wear deodorant or makeup on area to be treated.
- If you choose to apply a topical anesthetic, it must be applied 1 hour prior to treatment and covered with plastic wrap.
- You may have transient redness, swelling, itching and/or burning sensations for a few minutes up to 48 hours. You may apply aloe vera, hydrocortisone cream 1%, cold compresses or antibiotic cram if needed.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Do not apply makeup to the treated area until all the redness has subsided.
- Avoid soaking for 24 to 48 hours. No hot tubs, whirlpools or baths, but showers are okay.
- Avoid excessive sweating for 24 to 48 hours. No saunas or vigorous working out.
- Avoid irritants, such Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams and exfoliants for one week.
- Do not wax or pluck any hairs between treatment sessions. Shaving and trimming is okay.
- Do not manipulate the skin on the treated areas. If crusting or scabbing develops, allow it to fall off on its own so not to damage the skin beneath.
- After the treatment (up to 3 weeks) some hair may seem to be re-growing. This is usually the elimination of the hair that remained under the skin and is not true re-growth. You may exfoliate with a loofah sponge in the shower or with a soft washcloth or towel when you get out of the shower as long as your skin is not sore or irritated.
- On average, most people will need 4 to 6 treatments spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart.
- Avoid any tanning in between treatments as this increases your risk for burning during your treatment.
For more information, contact Blue at 818.783.3600 or email@example.com/newsite
|area||1 tx||4 tx|
|back & shoulders||$240||$720|
|chest & abs||$240||$720|
|feet & toes||$60||$180|
|flanks (love handles)||$80||$240|
|hands & knuckles||$40||$120|
|legs (full) up to 5’7″||$250||$750|
|legs (full) 5’7″+||$280||$840|
|neck (back or front)||$60||$180|
|numbing cream ½ oz||$38|
|numbing cream 1oz||$69|
|prep fees: (numbing cream not included)|
|apply numbing cream||$35|
|shave & apply numbing cream||$70|
For more information, contact Blue at 818.783.3600
Click the CareCredit Link for more details and get ready
to experience the perks of affordable luxury.